A: If all your contacts you wish to update have an email address then use email address as the unique identifier. If some don't have an email address then export from your account first (group, report or all contacts) and use the Contact ID which will then be in your column on the left of your file.
Once you have decided on your unique identifier, this is the process:
- First ensure that your file is saved as as .csv file type.
- Go via Contacts > Import Contacts and follow the first screens through to the main screen:
- Match the relevant fields to ensure the system knows you are updating e.g. First Name, Last Name, Email address / Contact ID; and any additional fields you wish to import/update e.g. a contact custom field.
- Duplicate processing: tick Update and then either Email address or Contact ID.
- Groups: you can add to an existing group OR select new group and type the name of the new group in the box provided.
Click the Ok button to proceed.