These days we are all glued to our mobile phones, people often think about email and mobile delivery but what about SMS? It's instant and generally when we hear those beeps (or which ever tone you've setup!) we look at it and read the message without even thinking, it's now our natural human reaction.
So how can you get the most out of your messages? Here are some great little tips to get you started!
1. Target it - Even though you are using a different medium to communicate with people it should still mean that you target the people you are sending the message to with relevant content and not just blasting the same message out to everyone. That is a sure fire way of cutting your list down there and then with unsubscribes.
2. Timing - Like a good joke, timing is everything! If you are sending a lunch time offer out and you send it out at 3pm.....you've timed it wrong! Making sure you communicate to people at sensible times in line with the offers and the aims of the campaign are really important. Target and Time it to get better results
3. Dnt use txt spk - I know you are thinking of saving space but don't compromise your message for the sake of a couple of characters, if the message is worth saying, then it's worth saying properly!
4. Keep it simple - You have a limited number of characters, there is no point in trying to cram too much into it as people won't read it. Keep it simple, clear and to the point
5. GRAB THEIR ATTENTION - You have a short moment of time to get them to read and make sense of your message so grab their attention and keep hold of it
6. Finish what you started - There is nothing worse than half a
Message, so make sure you don't waste time and double up on things, say what you've got to say and get to the point!
7. Offer value - if you are targeting customers, why wouldn't you send then a message offering them a discount voucher, getting them to come back or buy something from you because of a discount voucher is great! Share the value
So those are a start, write your message, know who it is going to and then time it to perfection!